- It is important for you to notify our office if you will be moving in order to have the electricity and billing account switched into the new resident’s name.
- It is also very important for you to keep your address current at our office to ensure that you will receive your patronage dividends when they become payable.
To notify our office that you will be moving off our lines, call our billing department at
1-866-242-4232 or locally at 319-385-1577. Or fill out the form below and choose “Stop Service.”
Are you going to be moving into our area? If you are building a new building or are acquiring an existing property that will require electric in our service area, please notify us as soon as possible.
To notify our office that you will be moving onto our lines, call our billing department at
1-866-242-4232 or locally at 319-385-1577. Or fill out the form below and choose “Start Service.”
We are pleased that you have chosen the service area of Access Energy Cooperative for your new home or business. Our goal is to make the process of obtaining your new electric service as easy as 1-2-3. The following guide will help ensure there are no unnecessary delays.
- Complete the form shown below by selecting “Start Service” or call our Engineering Department at 319-385-1577 or toll free at 1-866-242-4232. Please include a cell phone as the main contact number and/or a second daytime telephone number so we can contact you with service updates and schedule an appointment to meet with you at the site.
- Our Staking Department will schedule an appointment with you to determine your site location and desired service route. Access Energy Cooperative will provide a quote for line extension and any other costs associated with building your electric service. A $200 Engineering fee is required before this service will be completed.
- Line extension policies:
- Access Energy provides a 250-foot overhead line extension for new residential construction from existing facilities.
- Costs for additional line in excess of the 250-foot extension are the responsibility of the member and must be paid in advance.
- If you prefer underground service, you are required to pay the additional costs above a 250-foot overhead extension.
- For low-use services, costs for line extensions are the responsibility of the member and the cost of construction must be paid in advance.
Once all the forms are completed and signed, the appropriate fees are paid, and permits are approved, your new service can proceed to Step 3.
- Your electric service will be scheduled as soon as possible. Lead-time will vary with our current workload and weather conditions.
It is very important for you to keep your address current at our office. We use this information for power restoration, billing information, delivery of your newsletter and other important communications.
We also need this information AFTER you move off our lines to ensure that you will continue to receive your patronage dividends when they become payable. To notify our office that you will be moving, please fill out the form below by selecting “Address Change” or call our billing department at 1-866-242-4232 or locally at 319-385-1577.
Are you moving and need to provide your new utility provider with a letter of credit?
We will be happy to provide them with a standard letter of credit with your credit history at Access Energy Cooperative.
Just select “Letter of Credit” on this form and submit it to our billing department, or call our office at 1-866-242-4232 or 319-385-1577.
To notify our office of any changes in your address, call our billing department at 1-866-242-4232 or locally at 319-385-1577.
Or you fill out the form below.